Industry standards are tough. ABCO standards are tougher.
ABCO doesn’t sell to anyone. Professionals who buy from ABCO have benefited from our industry-leading, product-specific training and support programs. Here are our best practices for choosing a contractor.
Use accredited, licensed, and experienced professionals.
- Complex state and local codes must be met.
- New technologies must be understood.
- Warranties protect only properly installed units.
- Unskilled “handymen" are unreliable.
Ask for references and referrals.
- Ask family, friends, and neighbors for recommendations.
- Find what long-term customers have to say about how any service and maintenance issues were handled.
Know who supplies and supports the contractor.
- Inventory and delivery capability of manufacturer and brand varies greatly.
- Make sure contractor can get the equipment or parts you need.
- It is imperative that a contractor is fully insured to protect your home in case of accidents.
- Are prompt and courteous.
- Ask about any past cooling or heating issues and can provide explanations and practical solutions.
- Do not rely solely on your old and existing equipment to size your house.
- Have the experience to give you more efficient service and more accurate estimates.
- Are better able to determine the correct equipment for your needs.
- Keep employees current with the latest technology.
- Will come to your house and provide a detailed estimate.
The best contractors:
- Add efficiency with systems that help air conditioning, furnace and heat pumps work together.
- Offer wireless controls for security, convenience, and greater efficiency
- Offer excellent financing terms, along with utility rebates
- Provide service contracts and extended warranties that add long-term value and worry-free protection